My 2023 New Year's Resolutions

My 2023 New Year's Resolutions

Season 4 podcast logo launch! New episodes coming in 2023! 
Check out seasons 1-3 now on Spotify!

Hey guys! It's that time of year again where I share with y'all my New Year's Resolutions for the upcoming year. Last year, I did not post my 2022 resolutions because frankly, I was super insecure & I was not believing in myself that these things would happen. Most of my resolutions from this year did come true to me in some ways & I can't be prouder of myself on how much I have accomplished within this past year!

This year, I wanted to post my resolutions because I have a lot of faith in my resolutions for the upcoming year. I believe 2023 will be filled with more positive change and uplifting moments for myself & I want to inspire y'all as well to take pride to motivate yourself to accomplish the goals you want to accomplish!

My 2023 New Year's Resolutions

1. Continue Having a Creative Mindset to Motivate Myself to do Even More Great Things:

I accomplished a ton of goals this year that I have worked since I was 19 to accomplish (the year I started this blog) and as much as I am blessed for the opportunities that have been given to me, I still have to find ways to be creative, come up with new ideas, & motivate myself to do even more great things and come up with new goals to accomplish. 

Of course, my goals have changed over the past 5 years and my goals have evolved and changed overtime. In my current position I'm in with my full-time job, I have to constantly be creative and find new ways to succeed in my career. I've been seriously content creating for over 5 years now since I started this blog & I know 2023 will be my biggest year yet in my content creating career.

I've watched so many videos & seen so many posts about the evolving & changing world that content creation has turned into. 2 years ago, I wouldn't have even thought to include Tik Tok as a way to expand my audience & my creativity to those who wouldn't normally reach out to my blog, Instagram, Twitter, or my podcast. 

Even a year ago, I would have never thought about creating a Twitter account just for my podcast & building a community around it (@itsabopwithjess on Twitter). Tons of successful podcasters don't only have their regular everyday audience on their original social media platforms but also have a separate outlet for their podcast inquires & have successfully created that healthy divide between the 2 which brings me to my next resolution. 

2. Build a Community Founded on Positivity & Long-Lasting Friendships/Connections:

A passion that I always kind of knew I had but never truly got to showcase was Community Outreach. In my internship I did this year & in my current job, Community Outreach is HUGE & I play a big role in building my community. Once I saw the passion, I had for this, I knew I wanted to include in my resolutions to build my own community for It's A BOP! listeners & that's when my podcast Twitter came to be!

I am so inspired by Jenna Palek who hosts the Fun on Weekdays podcast because not only does she give amazing advice on navigating your 20s, but she has her Facebook groups & pop-up events that brings people together & seeing how successful she is doing that is so inspiring to me & a huge part on why the podcast Twitter came to be! In 2023, I challenge myself to have It's A BOP! become a long-lasting positive affect on people I love dearly & my listeners who want to build connections based on their favorite artists!

My goal for next year is to start planning events & get togethers for a community of people that are branded on the It's A BOP! brand & have it be life changing for someone or some people around me! Of course, it's not going to be like the grand Fun on Weekdays events & I'm not trying to strive for that, I want to start it off small & see where it takes me from there!

3. If it's scary, risking, growing, & something that's on your heart, DO IT!

This was a HUGE resolution for me this year & I want to keep it on my resolution for next year because having this mindset was SUPER life changing for me & I believe it brought me a lot of the opportunities I was blessed with! The person I was in January & the person I am now are 2 completely different people & this mindset has A LOT to do with it!

Pursue that dream that you have always wanted to pursue no matter how crazy it sounds & don't let anyone get in your way of it! Trust me, I believe in you!

4. Get a NEW PHONE:

Guys, I am putting this on here as a note to myself to get it together & finally get a new phone. I have the iPhone 10 & something has got to change about that LOL! 

5. Embracing My Inner Confidence:

In life no one is ever 100% confident but you have those moments where you do feel like that & moments when you don't. This is something I've really had to come to terms with. Especially this year, I've had 100% confidence levels & been on that high of loving everything about my life & then I've had those moments where I didn't feel as confident & was questioning every little thing about my life. I have come to terms that it's a normal feeling in this crazy world & in 2023, even when things get rough, I want to embrace the confident times & remind myself that my inner confidence is there, you just have to focus on those parts of yourself!

6. Travel to Places You Have Never Been to Before:

In my 2022 resolutions, at the time I was writing them out concerts had just come back after a long year of not having them so I was in that mindset, "once a month, attend a show" & for the most part that did happen but also, I couldn't believe I was even telling myself this, but I experienced a burnout unlike anything I have ever experienced in my life from traveling for shows which was so crazy to me. There would be times where I wouldn't even have a break in-between 2 different shows & it wore me out. I haven't been to an out-of-town show since Love on Tour Austin back in September & as of now my next concert road trip is in April in Houston for Taylor Swift's Eras Tour (that probably will change as more things are going to be announced).

I still challenge myself to go to a show or event once a month because I always like having something exciting to look forward to but in a way, I have expanded that mindset not only specifically for concerts, but this could also mean for local events or even mini vacations. I want to challenge myself to travel somewhere I've never been to before. I have friends in California, Arizona, & Iowa that I want to visit SO BADLY & in 2023, I hope to go to those places & explore new adventures!

7. Invest in Spending Time with Those Who You Love:

I have to constantly work on this because whenever I'm not at work or working on new episodes, I want to take time to myself to relax which is very important but also what's important too is making that time out of your busy schedule to catch up with a friend at a restaurant or even have them come over & y'all watch a movie or TV show. Being in your mid 20s is weird because people have such different mindsets of maintaining their social lives. At 25, people my age either want to go out & party every weekend or they want to think outside of the box & get creative to how they want to spend time with their friends. I think having a good balance of the 2 is important like yes, every now & then I do have that going out type of night but also too I get creative & find a local event to drag a friend to that has nothing to do with getting drunk. It's good to do different things when spending time with your friends than just doing the same thing over & over.











Comments