Ways I Stay Organized & Balanced while Having a Full Time Job, a Podcast, a Concert Addiction, & a Social Life

Ways I Stay Organized & Balanced while Having a Full Time Job, a Podcast, a Concert Addiction, & a Social Life


Hey guys! Today's post is going to be all about organization! If 2022 has taught me anything, it's taught me the necessary skills I need to stay organized. I have a full-time job in apartment leasing (I also create social media content for the community), a pop culture podcast (which is currently on hiatus), a concert addiction, & a social life. How in fact do I balance all of that without going absolutely crazy? Well, I'm about to tell y'all exactly what I do!

Creating the Healthy Balance Between Your Work Life & Life Outside of Work

Since having a full-time job, it's hard at times to keep your full-time job only at work. There are times where I think about things I need to do & the #1 thing that's helped me keep that balance is not taking my work home with me. I have a planner I only keep at work & then I am in the process of getting some planners at home for my blogging & podcast content. I would go absolutely insane if I had to look at my insane work planner at home!

I recently bought a separate planner for my personal content creating so I can separate it from my work content creating as long as a to do list for what I need to get done for the day & an overall planner that organizes my full-time schedule, podcast schedule, concert schedule, & social life schedule (so much right?). I get all of my organization stuff either from Target, Office Depot, or Amazon!

Caffeine but Not Just Coffee...

Yes, coffee is a good pick me up whenever you need to get work done & you're like me & even on your days off you got a lot on your plate but sometimes coffee makes me jittery & my mind kind of goes all over the place. I feel like coffee is really only best whenever you are first waking up & trying to keep your eyes open but honestly, the best thing you need if you want to stay focused on your busy life is having some Zen Hot Tea! It's soothing, comforting, & has the amount of caffeine you need to get through the day without being super jittery! 

Journal Once a Week!

Back in like 2018 when I only had a part time job & part time blogging, journaling everyday was a lot easier of a goal to accomplish but whenever you have so much going on like me, the idea of coming home after a long day of work to journal your thoughts to me at least is A LOT of work! Personally, I like to journal once a week on one of my days off so I can have that healthy balance of getting my thoughts out but also not getting so much into your head about getting all your thoughts out on a journal every single day. It stressed me out personally but if you are bottling up feelings, I recommend journaling more than once a week but for me personally, it stresses me out & that's why I had to limit myself to only once a week. 

Drink Lots of Water!

You should be doing this anyways but if you need a healthy reminder, this is your healthy reminder to STAY HYDRATED!

You Don't Have to Physically See Your Friends to Stay Connected with Them

With the busy life I have already, seeing my friends sometimes I just genuinely don't have the energy to go out & see friends but the older I get the more I realize that you don't have to physically see your friends all of the time to stay connected to them. Even texting your friends about your day after a long day can really go a long way.

I have to work on this one constantly because I get so caught up in work & content creating that I forget to have that time to myself to reach out to friends & it often makes me feel so disconnected to them so I make a goal to myself that in between my crazy schedule, I send my friends things that remind me of them, Tik Toks, music recommendations, or just talk about things I've seen on social media!

A thing that has been SO GOOD for staying connected with my friends without actually seeing them are texting each other about TV shows. I do this with several of my friends & especially if new episodes come out once a week, you have no choice but to reach out to them about the show. I do this with new music releases too. I almost make it like a virtual listening/watch party & this definitely fills the void of staying connected with them without having to take time out of your busy schedule to see them.

Seeing your friends physically too is also a good thing as well! Every week is different, so I don't want to challenge y'all to once a week if you absolutely have a lot going on but let's challenge ourselves to several times a month mapping out days you block off whether it's after work or on a day off to catch up with those you love!


Comments