2023 New Year Motivation

 2023 New Year Motivation

(Yes, I am talking about motivation with the cover photo being of me with a margarita)

Check out Season 4 of It's A BOP! with Jess on Spotify starting TODAY!

Hey guys! I am challenging myself this year to go back to my blogging roots & motivate y'all in any way y'all need it. My 2023 so far has been AMAZING & A DREAM COME TRUE (for many reasons)! I love to spread positivity & motivation to others because at times, I even need it and that's what this post is all about! This post is for the people who want to be more motivated & positive entering the new year but aren't finding the inspiration to do so. I'm here for y'all!!

Make Time for Those You LOVE:

I even struggle with this at times because with having a full-time job, I love being in my workday routine & my weekends are for me to catch up on content & most importantly, SLEEP! I am making it a challenge for myself & for others to go out with your friends, family, or loved ones at least twice a month for all of my full-time job people out there. For me personally, I'm making it a challenge to myself to get me & my friends to go to one local event a month so not only are we experiencing new things, supporting local businesses, and all of that fun stuff but personally for me, planning to go to an actual event is more motivating for me to get out of the house (it's the concert enthusiast mentality in me). I challenge you to go out & attend a local event once a month with your friends or join a group or club. What I've learned is from being a concert goer is that going out with friends is more than just clubbing or going to a concert, you can really get creative with spending time with your loved ones and those memories themselves are almost more valuable than blacking out at a bar. 

One of my favorite ways of spending time with my loved ones is by being by the water or beach but I live in Corpus so there's so many opportunities for that. There's nothing better than a scenic view. The real ones in your life will understand that! If you live in Corpus which most of my readers or podcast listeners are from here, take a drive down Ocean Drive with your loved ones BLASTING MUSIC & taking a walk by one of the parks. That's an amazing way for making time for those you love. 

Protect Your Mental Health NO MATTER WHAT:

If you don't know me, I am the biggest advocate for protecting your mental health & I feel like I have to constantly remind myself about protecting my mental health even from being a big advocate to it so guess what? Y'all are being constantly reminded of it, GET USE TO IT! But seriously, mental health is EVERYTHING & mental health awareness should not be swept under the rug. I am saying this in the motivational aspect because I'm about to put y'all on something that CHANGED MY LIFE & is AMAZING MOTIVATION FOR THE NEW YEAR!

I recommend to anyone who struggles with anxiety, depression, or lack of motivation to get into meditation. It may sound ridiculous at first, but it has impacted my mental health in such a positive way. I use the app Headspace & I even pay money for the subscription & y'all... it is SO WORTH IT! Not only does Headspace help with my personal struggle with anxiety but since we are on the topic of motivation, they also have tons of meditation sessions on happiness, positivity, & motivation. Meditating is not only for the stressful times. I challenge yourself to hear the positive meditation to as well especially at night, I wake up in the morning the next day SO REFRESHED & SO MOTIVATED!

Getting good sleep is also very important to living a happy, motivating, & positive life. With Headspace (Headspace please sponsor me), they have sleep casts where you can hear for instance the waves, calm music, & a soothing story & for someone who struggles with insomnia, it has been SO LIFE CHANGING! 

I also challenge yourself to text your loved ones about the positive motivation you have gained from meditation because they may need to hear what you learned or listened to. You never know if someone needs it & they just aren't saying anything!


Every Month, Write Down 5 Things You Want to Accomplish in That Month

I LOVE writing down things & with accomplishing things, whenever I've written them down, I am more likely to accomplish them because I have a physical copy of the goal. I will list down below 5 things I personally want to accomplish this month & I challenge you to do the same. Make the goals realistic & cater to your lifestyle.

1. Start reading more books that will impact my life in a positive way.
2. Learn a new recipe. 
3. Post positive affirmations on social media once a week. 
4. Find time once a week to hang out with your friends.
5. Educate myself on a brand-new topic I've always wanted to know more about. 

Let me know 5 things you want to accomplish this month & how you are motivating yourself in this new year!






Comments