My "Influencer/Blogger" Career Is Looking Up

My "Influencer/Blogger" Career Is Looking Up


Hey guys! I was going to make this entire blog post about how my mental health hasn't been the best lately & coping skills I use for dealing with tough mental health days like the days I've been having lately, but let's focus on the positive for once because you know, this is a positive platform & want all of my platforms to be, just that!

Now, I have been blogging since I was 19 years old (I'm currently 25 years old) & throughout my journey, my "brand" has changed & evolved to suit what I'm currently going through in my life & my interests/hobbies at the time. Even though I don't reach out to blogging as much as I used to, I want to start getting better at it again because there's something so comforting about typing out a post for me. 

I'm more active with my content creating on my main social media platforms Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, & my podcast (It's A BOP! with Jess on Spotify). Even recently I launched a local women's empowerment Facebook Group to build a community on positivity & building new friendships. If someone had told me 5 years ago that this would be my content creating journey, I would have thought you were INSANE because I was a "blogger". 

I was never 100% confident in my blogging career as I am with some of my other platforms but as some of my other platforms get recognized & grow in their own way, I find myself back to my content creating roots which is this blog. I've been using this blog more to celebrate the milestones in my career because I've celebrated every main milestone in my career on this platform so let's keep the tradition going!

The main thing in my content creating career that I've stayed true to is to remain as authentic as possible. I don't want to make the same old content other influencers are making because at the end of the day, influencers should inspire others with their platforms for the better & not just use it to promote the same old product. There's been times where my content has done well & times where they haven't done well. During the tough times I realize & remind myself that no matter how many views or likes this gets, I'm staying true to myself & my brand. 

On that note, I am THRILLED to announce that my content has been recognized throughout my city for the "Local's List" which honors the best of local businesses, artists, creators, & more! 

I have been recognized for 2 different categories:
- Influencer/Blogger for my work with my Facebook Group.
-Podcast for my work with, "It's A BOP! with Jess".

There are so many amazing local creators & podcast hosts that are also up for possible nomination so to be included in the nomination process is INSANE. I have made countless posts on here on how hard your content getting recognized is & if you had told 19-year-old me that this would even be a possibility, I would have been SHOCKED!

I'm in the nomination process which is taking place from now till the beginning of March where you can nominate your favorite local businesses & creators (Corpus Christi area). I'll link down below where you can nominate myself & the other great local people in the area!


Never give up on your dreams or passions! <3








Comments