Songs That Remind Me of My Senior Year of High School

Songs That Remind Me of My Senior Year of High School

Hey guys! This post is going to be a nice trip down memory lane! The inspiration for today's post was from the other day when literally every high school flashback was being thrown in my face (very good memories) & then I got even more inspired & made a playlist of songs that reminded me of my senior year of high school. It's a private playlist so I'm not going to link the full playlist but today, I'm going to showcase some of the songs from the playlist & why the songs meant so much to me back in late 2015-early 2016! The picture above was me before my senior year prom in 2016! I can't believe it's almost been 4 YEARS since I graduated high school! That's so crazy to me! So let's get this post started!

This reminds me of the month before I started my senior year really but I listened to this song & R5's whole Sometimes Last Night album throughout the whole year! I saw R5 & Jacob Whitesides live the month before my senior year & the concert still goes down as one of the most fun concerts I've ever been to! The setlist was SO GOOD & the memories I made on that trip are memories that will last me a lifetime! It was a great start to a memorable school year!

I wasn't a huge Fetty Wap fan back in the day but I did really enjoy listening to this song everyday while driving to & from school (especially the Drake version)! Fetty Wap was EVERYWHERE during this time period!

Another song that was EVERYWHERE during this time period. I swear every second I would turn on the radio, Hotline Bling was definitely playing! Senior year, I worked at my school's attendance office & they would always be playing the local radio stations so I was bound to listen to this song at least 200 times a day!

This song is super UNDERRATED but this on my personal playlists during this time, this song was in the top 10 most played songs for a really long time. It's super catchy & still one of my all time favorite Jack & Jack songs!

This song was SO OVERPLAYED but I never got tired of it! It's one of my all time favorite Selena Gomez songs which normally I don't choose my favorite songs as the massive radio hits but this song just reminds me of being the care free senior year Jess I was!

Another super underrated song that honestly I still listen to pretty often. This song has literally been on repeat for almost 5 years straight & I still recommend this song to a lot of people! I LOVE IT!

This song truly got me into more of The 1975's music when I was a senior & it also opened up my horizons to more alternative pop music which was a genre I wasn't listening to a lot during high school at all! I still get so happy when this song comes on shuffle!

So when I was a senior, one of my all time favorite mixtapes by one of my all time favorite artists was released! If I could put every This Is Not The Album song on this list, I honestly would but I chose to put Deep End because it's my all time favorite song on the mixtape! This Is Not The Album is still SUPER UNDERRATED & deserves more recognition! 

I don't expect for a ton of people to know this song but if you do, that's great! This was another song I had on repeat during this time period & I played this song super often as well, it was super catchy!

I MISS KALIN & MYLES SO MUCH! God bless you if you remember them! So many of my all time favorites by some of my favorite artists I listened to came out during my senior year & I catch myself saying that on a lot of these songs, including this one! This song is FOR SURE a all time favorite!

DNCE was a HUGE deal my senior year, ESPECIALLY this song! I could honestly put the whole DNCE debut album on this list if I could because I listened to a bunch of DNCE around this time period!

This song literally came out, THE LAST MONTH of my senior year but it still reminds me of being a senior in high school! This song was on REPEAT & a song that was my current favorite the last month of my senior year & all throughout Summer 2016!

The fact I can only put one Made In The AM song on this list is crazy to me because honestly, Made In The AM was ALL I LISTENED to for 4 months straight! The songs were all bittersweet for the time & all have such meaning to me. I chose to post What A Feeling because it's one of my all time favorite 1D songs TO THIS DAY!

Another CLASSIC album that came out during this time period was the legendary Purpose album! In between listening to Made In The AM for 4 months, I listened to A LOT of this Purpose album too!










Comments